The Casper Police Department is guided by strict ethical and principal-based Vision, Mission, and Core Values:
All department personnel will engage others with kindness and compassion, looking for
ways to be helpful in all interactions.
The Casper Police Department is dedicated to the protection and safety of ourcommunity through the highest standards of professionalism in police services.
The Casper Police Department recognizes that ethics is a foundation that guides our
personnel and organization. The Department uses the following eight principles as a
compass to ensure we are meeting our Mission and Vision in an ethical manner: integrity,
trust, accountability, transparency, fairness, respect, rule of law, viability.
- Integrity- Act with honesty in all situations.
- Trust- Build trust in all relationships.
- Accountability- Accept responsibility for all decisions.
- Transparency- Maintain open and truthful communications.
- Fairness- Engage in fair practices and create equitable and just relationships.
- Respect- Honor the rights, freedoms, views, and property of others.
- Rule of Law- Comply with the spirit and intent of laws and regulations.
- Viability- Create long-term value for all members of our community.
These organizational values coincide with, and complement, the City of Casper’s overall organizational values encapsulated in the theme of C.A.S.P.E.R.
Communication; Accountability; Stewardship; Professionalism; Efficiency; and Responsiveness.
Disclaimer: The Mission, Vision, and Values statements of the Casper Police Department constitute general, organizational philosophies and are not intended to represent a guarantee or promise of an anticipated standard of service.