Casper Police Department Public Online Records Request Form
As of January 1, 2018 the Casper Police Department Records section is changing a part of the process of obtaining accidents reports. The Casper Police Department will continue to provide a copy (either printed or emailed), but to better serve and receive accident reports in a timelier manner, you can contact the Wyoming Department of Transportation in Cheyenne & they will provide the accident reports, for a fee.
You can contact them by either their web address link, physical address, or phone number to request an accident report:
Attn: Bishop Blvd.
Cheyenne, WY 82009
Private Property reports will continue to be requested through the Casper Police Records section and appropriate fees will be applied.
Animal Control Officer reports will now be processed through the Casper Police Records section. If you are requesting a report, please enter both the Metro Case Number and Casper Police Case Number (if available). The case number will be required in order to provide the citizens of Casper with the best possible results.
If you have any question or concerns, please contact Casper Police Records at (307) 235-8300.
- Allow 10 full business days to process request.
- $5 fee for each report. For requests greater than two (2) reports, an initial payment of half the total will be required upon request.
- Microfilm reports will have an additional charge of $1 per page.
- Person listed as requester will be required to pick up report.
- All reports will be redacted per CPD Policy.
- Documents will be destroyed 30 days from the date of notification if not picked up.
- Requester must provide valid identification with photo as a driver’s license or a SSN card with a “certified” copy of birth certificate, when picking up records.
- If information involves a juvenile, the parent must provide a certified copy of the child’s birth certificate.
- Records will retain the receipt for refunds. Additional fees will be collected when the information is picked up.
- No refunds will be given after 30 days from date notified of report status.
- Yahoo accounts are not supported.
Copies of reports currently under investigation and/or active WILL NOT be released if or until the investigation is complete. Wyoming State Statute 16-4-203 (b)(i).
Incomplete forms will be automatically denied and a new request must be submitted.
To be filled out by individual requesting record(s):
Casper Police Records will notify citizens when the Records Request has been completed and available for pickup. Please allow 7 – 10 Business Days for the Request to be processed.