Casper Police Department Public Online Records Request Form
Please Read carefully:
- Records staff will process all Records Request in the order they are received. Please allow 7-10 full business days to process each request.
- The requestor will receive an email back indicating the Records staff have received the request. The email will have “CONFIDENTIAL” in the subject line and be from a casperwy.gov email address and contain information on the request process.
- If you have not received an email notification back, the requestors Records Request was not received, and we ask that the requestor please re-submit.
- In order to process the Records Request in a timely manner, please complete the form with as much information as possible. Records will contact the requestor if more information is required to fulfill the request. If the Records staff is unable to fulfill the request due to a lack of information, the Records staff will send an email with an explanation of the denial.
- $5 fee for each report. For requests greater than two (2) reports, an initial payment of half the total will be required upon request (Estimates will be provided).
- $3 fee for all accidents, including private property, printed out. Accidents emailed are free.
- The person listed as a requestor will be required to pick up the report. See Non-Resident Records Request below if you are not in Casper & making a request
- The requestor must provide valid photo identification (etc. Driver’s License/State ID). when picking up records.
- All reports will be redacted per CPD Policy and State Statute.
- Documents will be destroyed after 30 days from the date of notification if not picked up.
- Animal Control reports are processed through the Casper Police Department.
- If information involves a juvenile, the parent/guardian must provide a certified copy of the child’s birth certificate and photo id.
- There are no refunds for processed requests.
Non-Resident Records Request
If you are not in Casper to pick up your request and your request is not an accident, see below for your options and instructions.
Do you have someone here in town to make the request on your behalf? If so, have them make the request and they can forward the report to you.
If you do not have anyone that can do that, then the following is what we will require from you:
- Copy of your current DL
- Sign the copy in front of a notary
- Notarize signature
- Write down what you are requesting: date, time location, case number (if known), what the report was about, etc.
- Payment (check or charge) of $5 per report is required before the request is processed.
- Mail request and payment to:
Casper Police Department
201 N. David St.
Casper, WY 82601
You can also obtain a copy of your Accident Report through the Wyoming Department of Transportation in Cheyenne, for a fee of $3.
Attn: Bishop Blvd.
Cheyenne, WY 82009
If you have any question or concerns, please contact Casper Police Records at (307) 235-8300.
Copies of reports currently under investigation and/or active WILL NOT be released if or until the investigation is complete. Wyoming State Statute 16-4-203 (b)(i).
To be filled out by individual requesting record(s):
Casper Police Records will notify citizens when the Records Request has been received, completed and available for pickup. Please allow 7 – 10 Business Days for the Request to be processed.