Sign up for our mailing list to have personalized recruitment information delivered straight to your inbox.
If you’re ready to join the CPD Family, here’s what you need to know:
- Application process: online application, physical test, oral interview, written examination, background investigation, medical examination, drug screening, polygraph, psychological examination, and Chief’s interview. Click here to learn more.
- Requirements: 21 years old, no felony convictions, valid US driver’s license, US citizenship, no illegal drug usage within five years, no marijuana usage within two years
- Pay and Benefits: Click here to view our current police officer pay. Click here to view our current benefits plan.
- Click here to learn more about our application cycles and when you can apply.
- Officers are allowed to have tattoos. Contact us for more information.
Applicants are responsible for reviewing the testing information to get details on the testing dates, locations and requirements. All communication about the testing process will be through the email address each applicant provides on his/her application.
The Casper Police Department’s Career Services Division is responsible for recruiting and hiring for all CPD positions, internal job postings, as well as maintaining and developing training for officers and department personnel.
Officers begin their career with the Casper Police Department Career Services division where they attend the Peace Officer Basic training at the Wyoming Law Enforcement Academy in Douglas, Wyoming. Upon graduation, officers return to Casper where they complete another several weeks of Casper Police Department specific training before hitting the streets to complete their 16-week Police Training Officer (PTO) program. Newly hired Officers complete over 1100 hours of training before serving the citizens of Casper on their own.
As well as an exceptional career and wages with the Casper Police Department, by living in Casper you’ll experience exceptional hunting, hiking, mountain biking, boating and fly fishing, all within a unique Wyoming landscape where nature is as uncrowded as our highways. Whether your adventures take you on a scenic drive up iconic Casper Mountain, wrangling monster brown trout from the North Platte River, or hiking beneath the wide-open skies at Fremont Canyon, in Casper you can easily and affordably realize your dream. Click here to find your next adventure in Casper.
Please email the Casper Police for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.