School Resource Officers (SRO’s) perform their daily activities under the Support Services Division of the Casper Police Department.
The goal of each School Resource Officer is to establish a positive working relationship with school personnel in a cooperative effort to prevent juvenile delinquency and support positive student development, assist in maintaining a safe and secure environment on school properties in a manner conducive to learning, promote positive attitudes regarding law enforcement’s role in society and inform students of their rights and responsibilities as a member thereof and act as a positive role model to students.
Their primary responsibility is to provide protection of life and property on school grounds and during school activities occurring on those grounds. This will include, but is not necessarily limited to, issues arising outside school facilities which, if left unaddressed, may impact school safety and security.
These officers divide their work between the east-side and west-side schools. Officers will be headquartered at the following schools:
School Resource Officers (SRO’s) perform their daily activities under the Support Services Division of the Casper Police Department. These officers divide their work between the east-side and west-side schools. Officers will be headquartered at the following schools:
- Sergeant Sara Nelson – Casper Classical Academy, Student Services, Day School
- Officer Charlie Simons – Natrona County High School, Bus Hub
- Officer Ty Mower – Dean Morgan Middle School, Southridge Elementary School, Cresthill Elementary School, Cottonwood Elementary School, Bus Hub
- Officer Jessie Kler – CY Middle School, Journey Elementary School, Pathways, Fort Casper, Oregon Elementary School, Paradise Valley School, Roosevelt High School
- Officer Jason Wittler – Kelly Walsh High School, Woods School, Verde James Elementary School, Summit Elementary School, Day School
- Officer Brad Mueller – Sagewood Elementary School, Manor Heights Elementary School, Lincoln Elementary School, Centennial Middle School, Pineview Elementary School, Day School
The SRO’s are in a position to respond to a school crisis in a timely manner and have the knowledge of school layouts, issues, policies and procedures, along with known threats to the school, at their immediate disposal. SRO’s deal with legal issues within the schools, are directly involved with parents and students on law enforcement related issues, and are called upon to give presentations on differing law enforcement issues that affect the school district. In addition, SRO’s work closely with the Department of Family Services, Probation and Parole Officers, Youth Diversion Officers, and Natrona County School District Student Advocates.