Interim Chief Steve Schulz and the Casper Police Department are pleased to announce the Department’s “Our Community” campaign, a series of programs, initiatives, and activities focused on our Casper community and its citizens. Chief Schulz said, “We recognize the importance of our duties to our citizens, and we know that our community is a safer, more secure community when we all work together. The Our Community campaign allows us to focus our efforts on key community-oriented policing activities.”
This campaign also reinforces and highlights the Department’s participation in the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) Enhancing Law Enforcement Response to Victims (ELERV) strategy implementation.
As part of this overall campaign, the Department will participate in or host multiple events over the next two months, including:
– Casper Police Department Soft Interview Room Ribbon Cutting / Dedication
– Breaking The Silence Walk Attendance and Participation
– Domestic Violence Awareness Month (October)
– Silent Victims Event Attendance
– National Coffee With A Cop Day
– Community Team Brief (CTB)
– Oil Bowl / Natrona County School District Partnership Activities
– Hotel Management/Ownership Partnership Meeting focused on Human Trafficking, Drug Use, Domestic Violence, and Sexual Crime Indicators, Signs, and Trends
– True Blue Award Program Announcement
– Foot and Bike Patrols (weather permitting) at the Dylan Scott Concert at David Street Station
As a kick-off to this campaign, the Department is releasing its updated vision, mission, and core values so that our community understands our purpose and focus, as well as the manner in which we strive to conduct our vital duties:
The Casper Police Department, trusted and respected by the entirety of our citizens, proactively and cooperatively serves with our community by providing exceptional police services that help enable the safety, security, and well-being of all citizens.